Re: Patent or not patent a new idea

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 09:45:22 +1200
Graeme Sheppard <[email protected]> wrote:

> I am seeking advice on how to proceed. It could be used as a defensive
> patent in which case I can email an expert who can file it. If that is the
> concept is sound. I am not expecting any royalties from this myself. The
> alternative is to dump it here to the LKML.

Do what anyone with a little bit of brain would do: publish it[1]!

Patenting it and using as defensive patent wont work. Unless
you are able to control Saurons Ring. If you want to know more
just read up on current patent practice. IEEE has quite a few
articles on that issue, i'm sure that ACM and the like should
have also a few.

			Attila Kinali

[1] I know of at least one larger company here that stopped
issuing patents but publishes its developments in a local newspaper.
--
Linux ist... wenn man einfache Dinge auch mit einer kryptischen
post-fix Sprache loesen kann