Re: PROBLEM: PCI setup hangs on Asus Notebook (nolapic helps)

Hello Andrew,

On Thursday, 21. Juni 2007 14:27 Andrew Morton wrote:
> > Booting with nolapic helps, but makes the SATAized IDE controller buggy
> > [...] There have been other reports of the problem on Asus notebooks. I've
> > collected some links:[...]

> Are any of these problems new behaviour, or has it always done this?
>
> If there _is_ new behaviour here, are you able to identify which earlier
> kernel versions did not exhibit it?

The patch causing that behaviour went in between 2.6.18 and 2.6.19rc-1. I have
some 100 patches to go bisecting the bug, but it's slow work due to
difficulties in getting physical access to the machine for extended periods
of time.

I'll be sure to let you know when I have the exact commit. That may be at any
time from tomorrow to beginning of July, I'm not sure yet what my free time
allows.

Yours,
-Malte