Re: JIT emulator needs

> > > If the instructions to force data write-back and/or to
> > > invalidate the instruction cache are priveleged, yes.
> > > AFAIK, only ARM is that lame.
> >
> > and your program executes this on all the cpus in the system?

no I meant that you had to call your userspace instruction on all cpus,
so on all-but-arm (from the Intel side I know IA64 needs such a flush,
but I'm pretty sure PPC does too)

> I don't recall seeing such code in the libgcc tranpoline
> setup for PowerPC. Either it's not required, or this is
> a rather popular bug.

I suspect it'll be playing under the assumption that going from "no
code" to "code" is fine since the icache is cold.

--
if you want to mail me at work (you don't), use arjan (at) linux.intel.com
Test the interaction between Linux and your BIOS via http://www.linuxfirmwarekit.org