Re: [RFC] clocksouce implementation for powerpc

Tony Breeds wrote:

	Thanks for taking the time to look over my patch.

  I guess it's been based on the prior work by John Stultz (and me too :-)?

At some level I guess so.  John did send me a patch a while ago.

If you mean the init. part, this has been already done by me -- I've implemented read_persistent_clock() and got rid of xtime setting. What's left is to implemet update_persistent_clock() and get rid of timer_check_rtc()...

Actually I think that comment is redundant.  and should be removed
sorry.

I guess you haven't looked thru the -rt patch? There's much more than John's initial patch there now, including the clockevents driver.

+	.mult         = 0,	/* To be filled in */
+	.read         = NULL,   /* To be filled in */
+	.settimeofday = NULL,   /* To be filled in */

I don't quite understand why not just init them right away? The values are fixed anyways.

Well at least mult needs to be calculated at runtime, and I prefer to

   I was talking about the method intializers specifically.

have the structure near the top of the file at which stage the
read/settimeofday functions aren't defined.

   I don't think it's justified anyway.

Yours Tony

WBR, Sergei