Re: Fix signalfd interaction with thread-private signals

On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 16:49 -0700, Davide Libenzi wrote:

> Actually, I think signalfd is fine as is, with Ben's patch applied.
> Signalfd should only fetch shared signals, not specific ones (in any
> case).

The only advantage of that additional patch is that it will allow any
thread to fetch its own private signals via signalfd, regardless of what
context is attached to the signalfd in the first place.

Without the patch (with what's currently in Linus tree), a thread will
only get its own private signals if it's also the thread that created
the signalfd (and thus is attached to the signalfd "context").

I don't mind either way, up to you guys to decide what semantics you
want.

Ben.