Re: [linux-lvm] 2.6.22-rc5 XFS fails after hibernate/resume

On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 10:24:23AM +0100, David Greaves wrote:
> David Greaves wrote:
> so I cd'ed out of /scratch and umounted.
>
> I then tried the xfs_check.
>
> haze:~# xfs_check /dev/video_vg/video_lv
> ERROR: The filesystem has valuable metadata changes in a log which needs to
> be replayed.  Mount the filesystem to replay the log, and unmount it before
> re-running xfs_check.  If you are unable to mount the filesystem, then use
> the xfs_repair -L option to destroy the log and attempt a repair.
> Note that destroying the log may cause corruption -- please attempt a mount
> of the filesystem before doing this.
> haze:~# mount /scratch/
> haze:~# umount /scratch/
> haze:~# xfs_check /dev/video_vg/video_lv
>
> Message from syslogd@haze at Tue Jun 19 08:47:30 2007 ...
> haze kernel: Bad page state in process 'xfs_db'

I think we can safely say that your system is hosed at this point ;)

> ugh. Try again
> haze:~# xfs_check /dev/video_vg/video_lv
> haze:~#

zero output means no on-disk corruption was found. Everything is
consistent on disk, so that seems to indicate something in memory has been
crispy fried by the suspend/resume....

> Dave, I ran xfs_check -v... but I got bored when it reached 122M of bz2
> compressed output with no sign of stopping... still got it if it's any
> use...

No, not useful. It's a log of every operation it does and so is really
only useful for debugging xfs-check problems ;)

> I then rebooted and ran a repair which didn't show any damage.

Not surprising as your first check showed no damage.

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner