Re: GIT Packages for Debian Etch

Christoph Lameter wrote:
On Tue, 19 Jun 2007, Thomas Glanzmann wrote:
The other choice that we developers usually make is to run either testing or unstable. "stable" is a synonym for obsolete ;-).

I'm just not going to let this go. Stable is synonymous with, well ummm, "stable." That means that I don't have 3000 changes a month, it's secure and the unexpected doesn't happen. It means I can write a lecture explaining how git works. ...do updates... then expect my lecture to still work the next day. It means writing local shell scripts and expecting them to work until the NEXT stable release without changes. It means knowing what things WILL break if and when I do go to the next version.

Stable is a CHOICE not a punishment.

--
Jeffrey Hundstad
PS.  Running unstable on my laptop... and running stable on my servers.