Re: [BUG] ide dma_timer_expiry, then hard lockup

Alan Cox wrote:

I can prepare a patch, but only with a lot of guidance. I can test & debug, I'm highly motivated just right now ...

If you've got a nice repeatable problem please try using the libata
driver. That handles the error paths differently and doesn't try a FIFO
drain which might matter in this case I guess.

   FIFO drain for DMA commands?

Welcome to the old IDE layer which I am so glad I left behind 8)

ide_ata_error will try and do a PIO flush regardless of the command type
if DRQ_STAT is asserted. See ide_dma_intr -> ide_error -> ...

Indeed... but the thing is we don't know what's asserted in this case -- remember, it's reading the status register that locks everything up...

Alan

MBR, Sergei