Re: [rtc-linux] Re: rtc-dev.c & RTC_AIE_ON

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:47:35 +0200
Rodolfo Giometti <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 02:20:06PM +0200, Alessandro Zummo wrote:
> >
> >  'cos they are two different things :) I don't know how
> >  the "Lightweight At Daemon" works and if it requires AIE support.
>
> Yes, it requires such support.
>
> >   It would be better to use system timers to do scheduled
> >  things rather than using AIE, which is usually meant
> >  to wake up the hardware.
>
> I see. But if I wish adding such support anyway into kernel which
> could be the "best way" to do it? :)

 I'd rather fix the daemon, but if you truly want, you may write
 some code, maybe using UIE emulation as a starter, and show the community
 why it is needed and appropriate.

 I, personally, am against such emulation but will not oppose it
 if there is general consensus from the community.

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,
  Tower Technologies - Torino, Italy