Re: 2.6.22-rc5 regression

On Sun, Jun 17, 2007 at 11:49:05PM +0200, Carlo Wood wrote:
> Kernels that work do NOT print "agpgart: Detected an Intel
> 965G Chipset." (All I know is that I have an ASUS P5B motherboard
> with a iP965, whether it's this 'G' or not I don't know).

The obvious question of course is whether actually reverting this
changeset fixes your problem? I would be very surprised if it did.

If it does make a difference, please provide the values for
CONFIG_HOTPLUG, CONFIG_MEMORY_HOTPLUG and CONFIG_HOTPLUG_CPU from your
.config.

I would wager that you only have CONFIG_HOTPLUG=y, in which case, the
only difference over previous kernels will be that zone_batchlist() is no
longer flagged as __init, and so it won't be freed -- this was the reason
for the "special section" comment in the changeset, as currently it's
left hanging around for folks that aren't doing cpu/memory hotplug, since
__devinit was the closest that both cpu and memory hotplug had in common.

I can't imagine that this would impact you at all, though.