Re: [AGPGART] intel_agp: use table for device probe

On Sun, Jun 17, 2007 at 06:22:35PM +0200, Carlo Wood wrote:

 > > Hi Dave, I have an amd64 box for which every kernel
 > > after 2.6.18 hangs during boot, so I have no dmesg :(
 > >
 > > I used git bisect to find out where the problem patch is,
 > > and assuming bisect works (imho it jumped between versions
 > > very weirdly: closing in on the last 6 revisions, it
 > > jumped from 2.6.18 to 2.6.18-rc2 to 2.6.18-rc6), the problem
 > > is a patch in intel-agp.c, where support for the intel 965G
 > > is added (which I have).
 > Dave, I have no idea why you never replied to this -- don't
 > you care that kernels 2.6.19 through 2.6.21 lockup on boot? --

Sometimes things fall through the cracks..
I haven't heard any similar problems, which makes it somewhat odd.

 > The patch causes my machine to lock up and/or crash
 > in various ways (depending on the exact version of the kernel),
 > very shortly after printing: agpgart: Detected an Intel 965G Chipset.
 >
 > The first kernel version that stops doing that is 2.6.22-rc5.
 > I used git bisect once more to find the patch that fixes this bug:
 > I am mailing this mostly because the comment doesn't seem to indicate
 > that the author is aware that this patch fixes an existing regression
 > (it worked fine for me with 2.6.18).

Indeed, it was unknown to me too, this should have just been
a clean-up.

 > If anyone wants to know more (like what hardware I'm using), please
 > show me that you're actually alive / reading my mails.

Out of curiousity, I'd like to see your lspci
(not -v or anything, just run with no args)

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk