On Sat, 16 Jun 2007, Jesper Juhl wrote:

> Now not even the vendor can upgrade the software in the hardware and
> fix problems for the user. The user loses.

You're seeing that the wrong way.

The correct response is (and I quote from the manual, pick one talking
point at random):

   "This is a great step for freedom, as the users now have exactly the
    same rights as the vendors."

   "When we talk about free software, we don't talk about 'free as in
    beer', we talk about 'free as in buggy and unfixable'"

   "You're now at least no less free than anybody else!"

   "Oh, except for the fact that those other people still design the
    hardware you are using, and the programs you watch. But we have a
    plan for that too! We will make the GPLv4 outlaw Disney and Britney
    Spears!"

   "In order to protect your freedoms, we sometimes have to take some
    freedoms away. In particular, the freedom of critical thinking got
    revoked last year, because people were just too 'confused'"

   "There are no American Infidels in Baghdad. Never!"

There's a long list of those things, but sadly I didn't have time to copy
them all when I sneaked into the FSF main office in my ninja suit under
the cover of darkness.

		Linus