On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 08:20:19PM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> So, you see, your statement above, about wanting to be able to use
> other people's improvements, cannot be taken without qualification.

No.  Linus and other Linux kernels might *want* to take other people's
improvements, but thanks to Richard Stallman's choices for GPLv3, they
can *not* legally take other people's improvements without violating
the GPLv3 license.  That's not their fault, it's the fault of people
who wrote the GPLv3 license, promulgated the GPLv3 license, and who is
attempting to convince everyone that the GPLv3 license is the only
valid license for Right Thinking FSF automatons to use.

There are plenty of things that I might *want* to do, that I am
legally prohibited from doing.  that doesn't change the fact that I
might want to do it.  The fact that GPLv3 is incompatible with GPLv2
is a tragedy, in the Greek sense.

						- Ted