Re: libertas (private) ioctls vs. nl80211

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> > I suspect that the probability of your proposal succeeding would be increased
> > if you could prepare a patch...
>
> Here we go:

I don't mind ripping them out, but it makes sense only if people are
actually signed up to implementing this on a higher layer. As such, I'd
need to get a sign-off from somebody actually involved in wireless mesh
stuff etc.

Please? I do agree that the private iwpriv interface seems to be totally
the wrong thing to do, but I want to see this as a first step towards a
better situation, rather than just a "remove code that is ugly" issue!

Comments?

		Linus