On 14/06/07, Ingo Molnar <[email protected]> wrote:

   My point is: it has to stop at the only boundary that makes sense, and which boundary
is clearly spelled out in the spirit and in the letter of the GPLv2: "our work is our work, your
work is your work".

Agreed - if you want to take my work you are welcome as long as you
contribute back your changes.  That's the deal that GPL2 enforces and
why it has been so successful. GPL3 is a very different beast with a
much wider agenda, which makes it far more difficult to achieve
consensus on what it should contain.

Personally I would have liked to seen a GPL2.x which fixes some of the
issues but stays true to the more limited objective.

Alan