On Thursday 14 June 2007 03:24, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> Harald is in Germany, and he therefore takes legal action against people
> distributing products violating his copyright on the Linux kernel
> in Germany at German courts based on German laws.

And if Tivo did sell their crap in Germany, I bet, Harald had brought them
down years ago (as he did in the "tivoized" Siemens router case). But Tivo
doesn't (they started in the UK, and stopped doing so right after Harald
unlocked that Siemens router ;-), and in the US, courts may think
different. Or they rely that there simply is no Harald Welte in the US, who
goes after the violators.

--
Bernd Paysan
http://www.jwdt.com/~paysan/