On Wednesday June 13, [email protected] wrote:
> 1: Sheeple (n): People that act like sheep - ie: they cannot think or form
> opinions for themselves and always look to someone else for their thoughts
> and parrot the opinions of some "trusted" figure.

I recommend that you avoid definitions like this.  Using them simply
makes you appear to have a very poor understanding of your fellow
humans.

"cannot" and "always" are absolutes that never apply (well, hardly
ever).

In my experience, most people do think for themselves and do form
opinions about areas where they have an interest/ability, and tend to
follow trusted others in areas where they have less interest or
ability.

The problem that I think you see is particularly the "parrot the
opinions" bit.  When a person tries to argue a case based largely on
the opinion of someone else with little personal understanding, they
are in very risky territory.   This is akin to 'fundamentalism' that
you also mentioned in your post.

Accusing people of arguing opinions that are not their own may well be
appropriate. Accusing them of not be able to think is not.

NeilBrown