Re: VIA C7 / VIA PC-1 (PC2500) anyone?

Michael Tokarev wrote on LKML:
Wander Winkelhorst wrote:
On 6/12/07, Michael Tokarev <[email protected]> wrote:
I bought a VIA PC2500 board a few days ago - this
new series of their mobos,

This beast looks nice - after replacing their cooling
system (that had a small fan on it) with larger but
fanless, -- it becomes a almost real PC (1500MHz CPU),
equipped with quite nice crypto and multimedia abilities,
but with very low power consumption and very quiet.

But the thing is - it doesn't quite work.
Try disabling CPU frequency scaling, VIA CPU's often have problems
with changing their frequency.

Hmm.  I wonder how to *enable* it in the first place.. ;)
e_powersaver.ko and acpi_cpufreq gives "No such device"

cat /proc/cpuinfo and have a look at the flags. Does it support "eps"?

If not then e_powersaver is not possible. If cpufreq with acpi P-states
does not work either then your mainboard/CPU does not support
power saving.
You might get in contact with Rafal Bilinski who wrote e_powersaver.

claas