Re: RFC airo : wpa support

On Sat, 2007-05-05 at 00:52 +0200, matthieu castet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I attach a diff against 2.6.21 for adding wpa support for airo driver.
> In then end of 2005 I manage to make work wpa but the code was really
> ugly. I manage to find some time to clean it.
>

> To support wpa, a new interface of the firmware should be used. This
> interface is incompatible with the old interface and using both
> interface at the same time make the firmware hang.
>
> Porting OPEN and WEP mode to new interface need some driver rewrite, and
> the old interface should be keep for the older cards (or the cards that
> doesn't have newer firmware).

What's involved in doing this?  Do you have any pointers or sample code
that could be used here?

I'd assume that we'd just use AUTH_CIPHER_WEP/AUTH_CIPHER_NONE and
AUTH_KEY_MGMT_NONE in ConfigRidExtra.  But where does the WEP key
material go, does it get stuffed into the WpaKeyRid too or somewhere
else?

Dan