radeonfb problem in 2.6.19.5

    Hi all :))

    If I enable CONFIG_FB + CONFIG_FB_RADEON + CONFIG_DRM +
CONFIG_DRM_RADEON, my system hangs badly as soon as I start X Window
System (namely X.Org 7.2, although it happens in older versions too).

    I'm not completely sure about the hanging: the system may not be
hung, but I don't have a console and the keyboard doesn't work, so I
cannot go back to a VT. For me, it's hung.

    I've tested different combinations, and if I remove the DRM part,
then XOrg works but it slows to a crawl. If I remove the framebuffer
support, then I can load the DRM part and X works great (only I need the
console with framebuffer, so...).

    I've tried "UseFBDev", I've tried setting the same resolution in the
framebuffer and the XOrg, etc. and nothing works. X hangs the system if
I use the framebuffer :(((

    The system is a DIY Linux box with vanilla 2.6.19.5, XOrg 7.2 (self
compiled, tested with Debian XOrg and Ubuntu XOrg too) and a PCIe ATI
Radeon X300 (chipset RV370) running on an AMD64 system.

    Is there anything I can do to be able to use both framebuffer
(100x30, which is 800x600) and XOrg without having to wait 15 seconds in
each screen redraw under X?

    Thanks a lot in advance :))

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado