On 6/10/07, Alan Cox <[email protected]> wrote:
> licensing under the GPLv3, though. All I've heard are shrill voices about
> "tivoization" (which I expressly think is ok) and panicked worries about

GPLv2 probably forbids Tivoisation anyway. Which is good IMHO even if not
             ^^^^^^^^

Now that is a bit waving in the air. GPLv2 forbids Tivoisation
theoretically but practically it didnt stop them doing it practically.
I agree with Linus that software licenses should have their influence
only on the software part and leave the freedom of the hardware on
which the software runs to the hardware manufacturers.

But was it the goal of GPLv2??

And what does Andrew Morton think of all this? I really want to know
his opinions....