Re: missing elfconfig.h

Jan,

> >In your case the kernel was not build.
> >And to build modpost you need to execute "make
> > modules" from the kernel top-level directory.
>
> "make scripts" ?

Wouldn't this do the same as going into the ".scripts/"
directory and doing make?

My problem is that the script 'modpost' requires the
include file, elfconfig.h, because it is included in
modpost.c.

> Most likely it is one of the worse Makefile...

Entirely possible. Maybe the module shouldn't need the
modpost script anymore? That would explain why my
kernel built and runs fine without successful compile
of the script. But then why is the source for the
script still in the kernel tree?

Thanks,
Rich