Re: [AppArmor 38/45] AppArmor: Module and LSM hooks

Hi!

> > How will kernel work with very long paths? I'd suspect some problems,
> > if path is 1MB long and I attempt to print it in /proc
> > somewhere.
>
> Pathnames are only used for informational purposes in the kernel, except in
> AppArmor of course. /proc only uses pathnames in a few places,
> but /proc/mounts will silently fail and produce garbage entries. That's not
> ideal of course; we should fix that somehow.

> Note that this has nothing to do with the AppArmor discussion ...

This has everything to do with AA discussion. You took unreliable,
for-user-info kernel subsystem, and made security subsystem depend on
it. Oops.

> > Perhaps vfs should be modified not to allow such crazy paths? But placing
> > limit in aa is ugly.
>
> Dream on. Redefining fundamental vfs semantics is not an option; we should
> rather make sure that we fail gracefully. Considering the

And instead of fixing "too long pathnames are problem in kernel" in
any clean way, you "simply" included
configurable-but-impossible-to-configure-right limit into
apparmor. And now you want that merged. Dream on.
									Pavel