Re: 2.6.22-rc4-mm1

Greg KH wrote:
On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 02:48:05PM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
Greg KH ([email protected]) said:
There are a number of distros out there right now who can support that
option disabled.  I'm pretty sure they are the following right now:
	Gentoo unstable (actually stable works now for me, but I'm not
			 going to guarantee it just yet...)
	Debian unstable (again stable might work, but I have not heard
			 any reports from testers.)
	openSUSE FACTORY (the 10.3 alpha releases)

and now it sounds like Red Hat rawhide will also work properly.
I suspect while it will work for mkinitrd, the installer will not
work properly.

Ah, but the installer doesn't matter until you do a Fedora 8 release,
right?  This is just for people who want to run their own kernel on an
already-set-up Fedora machine.

Eh, not so sure that's true. It's really kudzu rather than the installer itself, and that's used by, for example, system-config-network.

--
  Peter