Re: Linux 2.6.22-rc4

On Thursday 07 June 2007, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
>On Jun 7 2007 12:06, Gene Heskett wrote:

>>>VC or X?
>>
>>Regular X
>
>Most likely an X incompatibility then?
>
>> fc6 box, amd xp2800.  Using NVIDIA's latest driver, and it works
>>when booted to a 2.6.21 era kernel.
>
>Well, NVIDIA is your first stop then. What about nv?
>

>	Jan

Don't know Jan.  nv, the last time I tried that bucket of molasses in january,
couldn't drive this card at more than 800x600, and I am used to double that
both ways.

The last time I booted to nv, it took me a week to get all the crap fixed that
it overwrote trying to fit the default screens I use while trying to make
them fit in an 800x600 window.

I run 1600x1200, on either an ati card (but the radeon driver quit supporting
the r280 chipset according to boot messages, the main reason I bought this
nvidia card) or on an older nvidia card that nv was quite happy with.  That
card went belly up and took the motherboard with it 2 years ago though.

Did you miss the comment that it works with a 2.6.21ish kernel?  Everything
else being equal.  I will boot to one of them later tonight and test it to
make sure its not some update to kde though, and let the list know.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)