Re: 2.6.22-rc4-mm1

On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 11:40:08PM +0800, WANG Cong wrote:

> >> Thanks for your point.
> >>
> >> It should be Documentation/lguest/lguest.c, maybe it was corrupted and ketchup
> >> backuped it as mlguest.c.
> >
> >It'd be interesting to figure out how that happened, still.
> >
> >If your patch file is intact (are you using GPG's signature-checking
> >support?), the most likely explanation is an operating system or
> >filesystem bug.
>
> Yes, I am using GPG's checking.

Well that gives a pretty solid assurance that the patch you downloaded
matches the one on kernel.org. And that one doesn't contain an
mlguest.c.

Ketchup doesn't even look inside patches, and patch doesn't invent
names, so something in the bzip2 -> patch(1) -> filesystem chain got
corrupted. Probably not bzip2, as it has CRCs.

Do you have ECC memory?