Re: [ATA]: Don't allow to enable this for SPARC64 without PCI.

On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 02:27:36PM -0700, David Miller wrote:
> From: Jeff Garzik <[email protected]>
> Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 17:09:52 -0400
>
> > Um, this was NAK'd:
> >
> > libata uses generic DMA and generic struct device.  Neither of which
> > are specific to SPARC64 or PCI.
> >
> > Did you read the code?
> > Did you read the thread on which you were CC'd?
> > Did you see the NAKs from me and Alan (and others)?
>
> It went in before any of you replied, to be fair.

Sounds like we should taunt Linus for being slow then ;) ;)

> I'm willing to fix this in other ways, but there is simply
> no hardware that's going to work in that kind of configuration
> (non-PCI) on sparc64 so building it in that state is going to
> be purely for the purposes of intellectual curiosity :-)

Should be easy enough to add dma_xxx wrappers that do nothing but
return an error.

As long as this change is _temporary_, I'm happy.

As you saw from my reply, apply a driver fix for a platform problem
makes me twitch in a big way... :)

	Jeff