Re: Interesting interaction between lguest and CFS

* Ingo Molnar <[email protected]> wrote:

> > I suggest you try this yourself [...]
>
> yep, i know how to use lguest and i'm already running it :) But i
> cannot trigger the problem, that's why i was curious about your
> host-side stats.

i can run a hundred CPU hogs on the host and the lguest instance is
still usable under CFS:

 @%@%> time ls
 bin         home        lost+found  proc        sys         var
 dev         lib         mnt         root        tmp
 etc         linuxrc     opt         sbin        usr
 real    0m 0.33s
 user    0m 0.00s
 sys     0m 0.00s

i'm wondering whether the delay goes away if you boot with maxcpus=1?
(if you have multiple cpus/cores on your box)

	Ingo