Re: slow open() calls and o_nonblock

On 6/3/07, Neil Brown <[email protected]> wrote:

Have you tried the "nocto" mount option for your NFS filesystems.

The cache-coherency rules of NFS require the client to check with the
server at each open.  If you are the sole client on this filesystem,
then you don't need the same cache-coherency, and "nocto" will tell
the NFS client not to both checking with the server in information is
available in cache.

No I haven't - I will research this a little further today.  While
we're not the only client using these filesystems, this process is
(currently) the only process that writes to these files.  Thanks for
the suggestion.

-Aaron