RE: Dependent CPU core speed reporting not updated with CPUFREQ_SHARED_TYPE_HW?

Hmmm. How about having a new cpufreq_sysfs entry to say
these CPUs are frequency dependent in hardware.

affected_cpus today has a single cpufreq directory for all affected_cpus
and we coordinate all CPUs in software. To change freq, we will have to
move among all affected_cpus and write an MSR.

Hardware coordination basically tells us that kernel can control
frequency
percpu, but underneath hardware will pick highest requested freq among a
group of CPUs. Instaed of handling this case as the existing software
coordination case above, we can add a new entry in cpufreq /sysfs
denoting
hardware coordinated CPU group.

Though it will be confusing with too many interfaces, I feel this is the
right way to go about here.

Comments? Thoughts?

Thanks,
Venki