Re: Portable syscall inspection

On 5/29/07, Ralf Baechle <[email protected]> wrote:
Also consider that some architectures pass parts of the arguments in
registers which on yet others are passed in memory.  Sometimes padding
arguments are needed and many more oddities.  Similar for results.
Inescapably such a program is a perment maintenance nightmare.

Yes, I see.  This nightmare appears to be the burden of the strace
people, god bless them.  I'm looking at moving their plethora of
#ifdefs into a library so others can be spared the nightmare.

Thanks,

Trent