Re: b44: regression in 2.6.22 (resend)

On Mon, 2007-05-28 at 22:55 +0200, Maximilian Engelhardt wrote:
> > > I additionally built my 2.6.22-rc2-mm1 kernel without High Resolution
> > > Timer, but the high ping problem is still there.
> >
> > Hmm, that's mysterious. Wild guess is that highres exposes the hidden
> > "feature" in a different way than rc2-mm1 does.
>
> I think the bug in 2.6.21/22-rc3 is a different one that the one in
> 2.6.22-rc2-mm1, but that's also only a wild guess :)
>
> I'll explain this a bit:
> In 2.6.21/22-rc3 is the same b44 driver that has been in the stock kernels for
> some time. With this driver and High Resolution Timer turned on I get
> problems using iperf. The problems are that the systems becomes really slow
> and unresponsive. Michael Buesch thought this could be an IRQ storm which
> sounds logical to me. This bug did never happen to me before I startet the
> iperf test.

Can you please apply

http://www.tglx.de/projects/hrtimers/2.6.22-rc3/patch-2.6.22-rc3-hrt1.patch

on top of rc3 and check, whether it has any effect on your problem.

> The other issue happens only with 2.6.22-rc2-mm1 which includes the b44 ssb
> spilt. It's independed wether High Resolution Timer is turned on or off I
> always get very varying and high ping times. The iperf-test doesn't show the
> problems from 2.6.21/22-rc3.

Neither with nor without highres ?

tglx

Neither with nor without Gleixner ?

Neither with nor without Buesch ?

Neither with nor without Miller ?

Neither with nor without Kyle ?

Neither with nor without ........ ?

Neither with nor without would-like-to-spare time hackers ?

Neither with nor without profile neurotic would-like-to-copyright owners ?