Re: 2.6.22-rc2-mm1: NetworkManager fails to find ipw2200 again

On Fri, 25 May 2007 17:02:09 -0700,
Andrew Morton <[email protected]> wrote:

> > This wouldn't be the first time this patch has broken things :(
>
> Why does checking these errors cause ipw2200 to fail?

I'd like to know this as well. Could someone stick in some printk's to
find out which symlink creation fails (which is most likely the
problem)?

> > Andrew, can you drop this from your tree?
>
> Would prefer that we debug things first.  It could be that ipw2200 is
> trying to create symlinks which already exist.  This might indicate a
> programming error in ipw2200, which is what the patch is *for*.  If it
> is indeed an ipw2200 bug then the lesson is that we should have been checking
> for errors on day one - that way, we'd never have shipped a buggy ipw2200 driver.
>
> I have an ipw2200 - I'll see if I can reproduce this and I'll add some
> debugging code in there.  Probably that debugging code should become
> permanent.

Thanks, that would be much appreciated.

> > Cornelia, can you rework this to not break things?
>
> Things might be already broken?

Or I might have messed up (I hope not). Sorry for the pain anyway.