Re: suspend2 merge (was Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: CFS and suspend2: hang in atomic copy)

Am Samstag 26 Mai 2007 schrieb Rafael J. Wysocki:

Hi Rafael!

> The outcome was, more-or-less, that we'll work on merging suspend2 or
> at least some parts of it.
>
> However, in the meantime there have been some discussions implying that
> we have some important problems with suspend/hibernation that suspend2
> doesn't solve and that IMHO are more urgent than the merging of
> suspend2 right not.
>
> So, as far as I'm concerned, the plan is to fix the more urgent
> problems first and to work on merging suspend2 as far as there's time
> to do this.
>
> The problem is there are only a few people working on it and there's a
> lot to do, so I can only ask you to be patient. ;-)

Thats fine with me - I understand that. I just thought that there has been
no outcome at all.

I will try to be patient as long as I do not dig into kernel hacking
myself deeply enough to be able to help with that - did not do more than
to put together two conflicting patches to compile my own kernels till
now and forward port a patch for a sundance network card.  I can help
with testing once there is something testable tough.

Regards,