Re: BUG in 2.6.22-rc2-mm1: NIC module b44.c broken (Broadcom 4400)

Am Samstag, 26. Mai 2007 18:21 schrieben Sie:
> On Saturday 26 May 2007 18:13:09 Andrew Morton wrote:
> > > I already tried your -mm kernel, but it crashes on my machine
> > > for other reasons. (Yeah, I should look into them, too :P )
> >
> > err, please do.  Just the oops trace would be a start.
>
> Yes, I will look into it. I think it was related to my
> onboard RTL networking chip. When trying to bring it down,
> it oopses the machine. But I'm not sure what happens exactly, yet.
> I'll take a look at it.
>
> > > Andrew, is it possible that the breakage was introduced in the
> > > merge process somehow? Didn't the patch apply cleanly? Are there
> > > other changes to b44 I should know about in your tree?
> >
> > Only git-wireless.net modifies b44.c but if we're having IRQ assignment
> > problems then we'd need to look elsewhere.
>
> I think we don't have IRQ assignment problems. Uwe simply disabled
> b44-PCI support in his first bugreport (I guess).

Yes!

> So there was
> no b44-PCI driver loaded.

Well, not exactly: b44 plus ssb were in fact produced, but did not function,
at least in that case, due to the misleading / superficial information in the
Kconfig menu......

> Later on he said that it does magically work now...

NO!

Later on I said I did chose that b44-PCI driver, got the right dependencies,
and there was no interrupt problem at all. So the driver got loaded as
expected but simply did not work at all......

Cheers

Uwe