Re: NCPFS 255 character support?

Alan,

If NCPFS has little use these days, how are the linux users meant to sign on to Novell networks without using the (IMHO) bloatware provided by Novell?

In fact, Novell's client only work on SLED first time lucky (everything else needs extra libs and a lot of work) so it's hardly much use. I'll have a go with the ls, and strace ls and the dodgy file and see what happens.

If there's a pointer to ncpfs, I might take a brief look and see what happens.

Thanks,
Chris

Alan Cox wrote:
I did see it but couldn't match it against any other reported kernel
problems (mind you I don't think ncpfs has much use nowdays). Only thing
I could think to suggest is trying "LANG=C ls" instead, which if it works
means its a userspace issue (or Unicode mapping one). An strace of an ls
going wrong might also give clues.

Alan