Re: 2.6.21-mm2: ACPI exception on resume

On Tue, 22 May 2007, Ray Lee wrote:
> On 5/22/07, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> I shouldn't have to upgrade my BIOS to work with a new kernel any more
> >> than I should have to upgrade my browser.
> >
> >We don't agree there, as you are not talking about a stable kernel series.
>
> Ah, so you're planning on submitting these patches for 2.7 then? 2.6
> is perpetually stable. Matt is quite correct; feel free to ask for
> clarifications from Linus et al if you need guidance.

2.6.x.y is stable.  2.6.x is not by any reasonably strict definition of
stable.  Unless you can explain how the stuff that went in 2.6.21 could be
added to a stable series kernel, do not even bother replying.

And for the record, the patches are NOT mine, but since I am the one usually
dealing directly with thinkpad firmware, I jumped in to help debug things as
a thinkpad firmware was *probably* to blame.

  Henrique Holschuh