Re: NCPFS can't handle extended characters.

Alan Cox wrote:
For any real hope to answer things like that it would be useful to have
precise descriptions of what fails, any messages logged when it occurs
etc.

OK,

What fails: A dir on the folder containing the offending file results in part listings or no listing at all.

There are no messages logged anywhere, dir completes successfully without complaining. I'm going to recompile with the latest kernel and debug in a few weeks time (add the debug option to the NCPFS kernel module).

On this occasion the offending files had a character produced by MS Word in them. I can't find out which charcode at present (think it was charcode 180).

Chris

Alan