Re: [RFC] enhancing the kernel's graphics subsystem

On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 11:34 -0400, Jon Smirl wrote:
> Supporting multiple users, one on each CRTC, has long been a feature
> request from people building low end educational systems, kiosks,
> Internet cafes, etc. If the entire graphics subsystem is going to get
> rewritten this feature should be added.

are you going to write the code?

this topic has been on the table for YEARS and no code appeared. The
patch here is a great step forward for the common case, and seems to
allow more complex setups either already or with some minor future
modifications.... so how about we move forward with this code that
exists today, instead of doing more vaporware while holding the rest of
the world back...