Re: joydev.c and saitek cyborg evo force

On Mon, 21 May 2007, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

> > I have a Saitek Cyborg Evo Force, a very good joystick with force-
> > feedback. Problem is, on Windows it works well (its drivers know its
> > own idiosyncrasies) but on Linux it gets a bit fuzzy.
> I think we need to make HID driver to report real range for Saitek.
> Jiri, any ideas?

Renato,

could you please turn on the HID debugging support ("Device Drivers -> HID
devices -> HID debugging support" in menuconfig of any reasonably recent
kernel) and show the output that appears when the joystick is plugged in,
and also when you generate the events that are messed up? This would
hopefully avoid any confusion regarding what is really going on and we'll
see what we can do with it.

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina