Re: Via C3: other flags possible ?

Christian Volkmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Claas asked for the NX flag for the Via C3 (?) processors
> in another thread.
>
> I do not know another synonym for this?
>
> Claas Langbehn wrote:
>> Hello Christian,
>>
>> do you know if and how it's possible to enable NX_bit too?
>>

>> Claas

C7 Esther:
Hmm, I expect the NX-Bit should be detected from linux during the
boot. The NX function bit seems to be at the same place where it's
located for other CPU.
Unfortunately I have no C7 hardware and I am too much a beginner
in kernel programming to prepare this "dry".

May be a "senior kernel programmer" can easy check if the C7 runs
through the regular NX-function detection?

Best regards,

Christian