Re: Sched - graphic smoothness under load - cfs-v13 sd-0.48

On 5/19/07, Diego Calleja <[email protected]> wrote:
El Sat, 19 May 2007 16:02:37 -0400, Bill Davidsen <[email protected]> escribió:

> The chart is at http://www.tmr.com/~davidsen/sched_smooth_01.html for
> your viewing pleasure. The only "tuned" result was with sd, since what I
> observed was so bad using the default settings. If any scheduler
> developers would like me to try other tunings or new versions let me know.

How useful is glxgears as benchmark here? The X.org people has been saying
for ages that "glxgears is not a benchmark".

If you hold everything in the system constant other than the
scheduler, then it's a useful measure of the effects the scheduler has
upon glxgears, regardless of how well or poorly written it might be.

I suspect the X.org people are correct in regards how most people
would try to use it, which would be measurements against different
video cards, CPUs, etc.