Re: ht CPU flag

On Fri, 18 May 2007, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

[email protected] wrote:
As I already told, there is no stepping 4 for Xeons on Intel site! So
/proc/cpuinfo, dmidecode, x86info are all wrong.
Moreover, x86info is too old and can't work with /sys fs.

Also Linux is poor on giving FSB and Memory frequency, which I need to
be sure that memory timing is correct (SPD gives slower parameters then
are on SDRAM labels :( ).

Linux doesn't give a hoot.  Setting up the memory is the BIOS' job.

I'm sure the authors of the tools can use a hand in updating them if
they are out of date.

	-hpa

To authors of /proc/cpuinfo:

Plz, fix stepping identification:

cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 2
model name      : Intel(R) XEON(TM) CPU 2.00GHz
stepping        : 4
cpu MHz         : 2000.062
cache size      : 512 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 1
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm
bogomips        : 4006.39

processor       : 1
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 2
model name      : Intel(R) XEON(TM) CPU 2.00GHz
stepping        : 4
cpu MHz         : 2000.062
cache size      : 512 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 1
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm
bogomips        : 3999.80

processor       : 2
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 2
model name      : Intel(R) XEON(TM) CPU 2.00GHz
stepping        : 4
cpu MHz         : 2000.062
cache size      : 512 KB
physical id     : 3
siblings        : 2
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 1
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm
bogomips        : 3999.98

processor       : 3
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 2
model name      : Intel(R) XEON(TM) CPU 2.00GHz
stepping        : 4
cpu MHz         : 2000.062
cache size      : 512 KB
physical id     : 3
siblings        : 2
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 1
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm
bogomips        : 4000.08

uname -a
Linux rau 2.6.15-gentoo-r1 #5 SMP PREEMPT Sat Jan 20 10:13:08 AMT 2007 i686 Intel(R) XEON(TM) CPU 2.00GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux