Re: 2.6.22-rc1-mm1: strange GPF when panicing under kvm

Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
Avi Kivity wrote:
(that msr can force trapping of the pause instruction, even though
there's no good reason to do it, and kvm wouldn't inject a gp if it
did anyway).

Hm, yeah, its strange; clearly its running "pause" in normal use, so it
can't be the instuction itself which is causing the problem.  The MSR is
7781fffe0401e172 btw.

That means pause isn't set for interception.

I ran a small test program, and it liked pause as well.

Can you send me your vmlinuz? I wasn't able top reproduce the problem with mine.