Re: Contributor Agreement/Copyright Assignment

Bhutani Meeta-W19091 wrote:
Motorola would like to understand if kernel.org has a contributor
agreement (or a copyright assignment agreement) that is posted somewhere
? We are investigating what would be needed from a legal standpoint to
possibly contribute in the future.

For "kernel.org" you mean linux kernel?

In this case: no copyright assignment is required.

The changes should be compatible with GPL v2
(as you will find i.e. in http://lxr.linux.no/source/COPYING )

You should confirm the:
"Developer's Certificate of Origin 1.1".
This is in Documentation/SubmittingPatches
( http://lxr.linux.no/source/Documentation/SubmittingPatches )

Note: IANAL, and I don't speak for other contributors ;-)

ciao
	cate

PS: there is already a copyrighted file by motorola:
include/net/sctp/constants.h
( http://lxr.linux.no/source/include/net/sctp/constants.h )