Re: [patch i2o 5/6] i2o_proc files permission

Alan Cox wrote:
> On Tue, 15 May 2007 16:47:05 +0400
> Vasily Averin <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Reading from some i2o related proc files can lead to the i2o controller hang due
>> unknown reasons. As a workaround this patch changes the permission of these
>> files to root-only accessible.
>
> I guess you have a crap controller in this case.
>
> This isn't the right fix: Detect your specific buggy control and do not
> register the problem /proc nodes for it at all.

Alan,

We have i2o on one of our testnodes: Adaptec Zero channel RAID 2010S integrated
on MSI MS-9136 motherboard and I don't have access to another i2o hardware.
Also I don't have any ideas how to detect buggy i2o node. As far as I understand
Markus is right, and i2o hardware couldn't handle received message that on the
first glance looks correctly.
>From my POV it is bug in firmware and only vendor is able to fix it correctly.
My patch is not a fix but workaround only -- it just do not allow to crash the
node by any user in case when node admin due some reasons has loaded i2o_proc
module.

Thank you,
	Vasily Averin