Re: Pagecache zeroing: zero_user_segment, zero_user_segments and zero_user

Christoph Lameter wrote:
On Tue, 15 May 2007, Andrew Morton wrote:

  The functions above default to KM_USER0 which is also always used when
  zero_user_page was called except in one single case. We open code that
  single case to draw attention to the spot.

Dunno.  fwiw, we decided to _not_ embed KM_USER0 in the callee: we have had
some pretty ghastly bugs in the past due to misuse of kmap slots so the
idea was to shove the decision into the caller's face, make them think
about what they're doing

On the other hand non highmem platforms are burdened with always repeating
the same KM_USER0 in every function call. Isnt it enough to know that standard functions use KM_USER0 for their operations?

Couldn't that be filtered out inline?

--
SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.