Re: Why can't we sleep in an ISR?

Dong Feng wrote:
Doesn't it run in current process's context ?

No. I think the concept of process context is a higher-level logical
concept. Though the interrupt share stack with the interrupted
process, in my opinion it logically does not share the context with
the process.

No, the term context here has a specific meaning. It refers to those things which flow from the current pointer, including the virtual memory space, file descriptor table, current uid, and so forth. Because the current pointer is not changed on entry to an ISR, the ISR is executing in the context of the interrupted process, and thus uses that process' virtual memory, etc.