O_DIRECT for FAT

Hi,

I found out, that the option O_DIRECT for opening a file on a fat-
filesystem successfully completes. But reading and writing to that
file leads to EINVAL errors (using kernel 2.6.18).

I would like to access on certain files on a flash-disk without cache
usage, whereas the rest of the filesystem shall be accessed normally/cached.
I am aware of the previous discussion. My application is not targetting on a
pure file usage (I can live with the existing features for that), but also
for a side-channel IO to interact with the device.

Do you see a way to solve my problem by any workaround? Is O_DIRECT
support for fat-fs feasible in future?

Grateful for any response.

Thanks in advance
Hubi