Re: 3 years since last 2.2 release, why still on kernel.org main page?

On Sunday 13 May 2007 7:57 pm, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> Rob Landley wrote:
> > Out of curiosity, since 2.2 hasn't had a release in 3 years, and the last
> > prepatch was 2 years ago, why is its' status still on the kernel.org main
> > page?
> >
> > Not exactly something people are checking the status of on a daily
basis...

> > Just wondering...
> >
> I assume because it's a handy place to the the current 2.2 kernel, which
> some people run for reasons which are valid to them.

*shrug*  I understand that people still run it, and I'm not saying they
shouldn't.

My question was more along the lines of "is there anybody who's still running
it who doesn't know where to find it?", and "why have a status tracker on the
main page for something that hasn't changed in years?"

Rob